Full Stack Software Developer and United States Army Veteran with an active Secret Clearance and experience managing and maintaining hardware and software infrastructure. Using skills in both front-end and back-end web development, combined with a strong interest in writing code, to create new and original solutions that are safe, accessible, and help people to be more productive.
Full Stack Web Developer
- DoD Clearance: Active Secret
- Phone: (210) 269-2641
- City: San Antonio, Texas
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freelance: Available
If you're looking for a driven and innovative software developer dedicated to delivering quality work, please feel free to contact me. I'm excited about the opportunity to collaborate and create impactful software solutions.
Hours of hands-on technical training
GitHub contributions and counting.
Web Development: Content Creation, Website Design, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, jQuery, Bootstrap, Thymeleaf
Software Development: Git, GitHub, Object-Oriented Programming, Maven, J2EE, REST APIs
Database: MySQL, SQL
Software Testing: Spring Framework, Junit Testing
Servers: Apache Tomcat
Networking: Routing and Switching, Networking with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, CISCO Networking and Routing
Systems Administration: Windows Enterprise Administration, Desktop Administration
Professional: Contract Development, Strategic Planning, Maintaining
Systems Analysis, Analytical Thinking, Activities Management, Challenges Resolution, Code Review, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Project Management
I enjoy building innovative, secure, and accessible solutions that contribute to the growth of productive software applications. I possess technical aptitude, organizational skills, and attention to detail. I can leverage my full-stack skills to design and develop high-quality software.
Philadelphia Seventh-day Adventist Church
January 2016 - Present
San Antonio, Texas
- Currently managing the organization's website to ensure it remains up-to-date and engaging, resulting in a 30% increase in website traffic and online engagement.
- Cultivated and nurtured strategic connections with community leaders and organizations, which increased church event attendance by 20%.
Information Technology Supervisor
United States Army
April 2021 - May 2023
Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Led a team of 10 employees and guided organizational standing policies, procedures, and processes; ensured all subordinate leadership was in alignment with organizational vision, culture, and values.
- Successfully managed the operations of a strategic network supporting 200K personnel, achieving 99.99% availability; carried out authorized schedule interruptions with minimal impact on operations; tracked 2.5K hours of scheduled routine network maintenance.
- Resolved tier-one service issues that were crucial to assuring the availability of the Department of Defense Information Network by working on cooperative projects with Network Operation Center-Kuwait.
- Coordinated resolution of 300 high/critical-priority tickets; ensured 320 outages were restored.
Information Technology Specialist
United States Army
September 2017 - April 2021
El Paso, Texas
- Provided secure and non-secure voice, data, and local area network support, continuous operation, and troubleshooting to manage and operate equipment, including Cisco switches, Non-classified Internet Protocol Routers, and Secret Internet Protocol Router Command Post Nodes.
- Implemented necessary precautions during preparations for an international exercise by ensuring the safe transport of 146 weapons across international waters, all while establishing an initiative that followed organization regulations and saved $150K in damages and repairs.
- Controlled a total of 560 individual weapons, weapon accessories, and equipment modifications worth over $1.9M.
Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology – Networking
Purdue University Global
TCP/IP, the foundation of all networks, was investigated, with an emphasis on current industry-accepted procedures for diagnosing and operating Windows-based systems.
Certification of Completion
This 5-month coding boot camp teaches full-stack software development through 670 contact hours of hands-on technical training (20% more time than 4-year degree majors require).git
Diploma of Education
The NCO Leadership Center of Excellence and Sergeants Major Academy
The Basic Leader Course prepares soldiers to command team-sized units by giving them the chance to gain the leadership skills, information, and experience required to succeed as noncommissioned officers.
Built, designed, developed, and managing websites to keep them current and engaging.
The following considerations are made while creating and editing content, designing, and developing mobile responsive websites:
Mobile consumers' requirements and expectations differ from those of desktop users. On mobile devices, website designs are simple to access and utilize, with big buttons, clear menus, and concise content.
Mobile users frequently have slower internet connections than desktop users. Create websites that are optimized for speed and efficiency by employing strategies such as image compression and code minification.
Websites that are simple to use for all users, including those with impairments. Avoid employing Flash and other inaccessible technologies by utilizing conventional HTML and CSS components.
It is critical to keep the text brief and to the point. Use jargon and technical terminology sparingly, and divide big paragraphs into smaller sections.
Clear and concise text that can be quickly scanned and easy to understand.
Use of graphics to enhance and visually appeal to the content. Imagery is used to break up text and make it simpler to read.
Donald is creative beyond his purview and added to every department within our agency. His personality made him easy to get along with and his character made him trustworthy.
S Deon Stokes, MBA
CEO of Joint Effort Consulting
Donald is one of the brightest and most intelligent person’s I have worked with. His ability to ascertain problems, realize concepts and formulate solutions is amazing. He has unbridled ambitions that he actively seeks to realize, and is a man of integrity and fierce responsibility.
Darrien Jackson, MBA
Founder & CTO NenZen LLC
Donald's experience, guidance and ever constant attention to detail led directly to the mission success of directly managing over 150+ individuals tasked with multiple tasks. Donald was truly a force multiplier and would be an asset in any organization looking for a highly organized, high multi-task capacity, innovative problem solver.
Project & Operations Manager
I highly recommend Donald for his strong work ethics. He is very knowledgeable and experienced in IT management and operations. He has a pleasant disposition and delivers excellent customer service to internal and external partners.